Thursday, May 10, 2012

O HI O


Last weekend Auds and I headed to Columbus to visit with my friend Alicia and her family!  In my new forgot-the-camera-because-I-can't-find-anything-in-our-new-house-to-even-put-in-a-suitcase-wait-where's-the-suitcases style, this is the only picture I have (taken via phone) from the whole fabulous trip.  Grrrrrr.  It's taken at a trendy Columbus restaurant on Saturday night when Alicia and I depended on her hubby to watch all 3 kids and we went out and pretended we were as fun/hip/cool as we were when we lived in Chicago together!  Always wonderful to be with the kind of friends that you only see a few times a year but every time you're together its like no time has passed - I'm thankful to have so many of those kinds of friends in my life.  I must have been doing something right in my college years/early twenties (and the 6th grade) to have befriended those kind of people.  Thanks Collins family for taking me and my girl in - we loved every second.  Sammy/Animal, your godmother loves you to pieces and I just know we'll be good buds your whole life.  Will/Kermit, your skeptisim about this crazy lady in your house is what I love most about you - always have your own opinion! :)

And that left my boys at home to fend for themselves.  Isaac referred to this as "mans weekend".  Jeff kept me posted on their adventures via iphone.  I came home to dishes piled high in the sink, dirty socks everywhere, toys all over the floor and a brand new stain on our brand new rug.  Oh well - I don't even care because I know Isaac will keep memories of man's weekend forever.




Out cold in the car from all the fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment