Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

We've certainly been getting in the Christmas spirit around here lately. Last weekend we celebrated the Feast of St. Nicholas with St. Nick coming to fill our stockings on Sunday. Isaac thought this was a riot and quickly remembered that opening presents is one of his favorite things to do.






 Even Molly found some treats and bright new tennis balls in her stocking.


After finishing the stockings we set about decorating our 9 foot fraser fir.  I still feel like picking out our tree on a tree lot is like getting a "fake" tree, but I suppose it will do.  I guess this WI girl still thinks "real" trees means you bundle up and head out to woods with a tree saw in hand!  Perhaps someday our kids will experience a "real" tree!  Isaac certainly enjoyed putting lights on our BIG TREE, as he kept yelling.




I saved the adding of ornaments until after the little dude went to bed in hopes that he wouldn't get an idea that we can take off and put on ornaments at will - so far so good.


Jeff took advantage of a rather warm afternoon to get our house looking festive from the outside too! (Picture from a much colder, snowier afternoon).


Bring it, Christmas.  We're ready for you.

1 comment:

  1. 1.) Isaac's hair does not look that bad
    2.) I'm super thankful he still fits in onesie footie jammies. Those are my favorite!
    3.) I don't miss the snow, that picture made me make a face.
    4.) SEE YOU SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete