Friday, February 8, 2013

Bubbles



Friday nights are my favorite.  I let the kiddies take their bedtime bath in the jetted tub in our bathroom.  They love it.  I love it.  The whole weekend ahead of us.  No usual weeknight rat race of rushing through dinner and bedtime and clean up and dishes and dog walking and lunch packing for tomorrow and where's your backpack?  what do you mean you can't find your library books?  where did that parent waiver I have to sign for gymnastics go?  how is it possible I have no clean work pants - when's the last time I went to the dry cleaners?  yes, thank you for the seventh phone call, I do know that I still haven't picked up that birthday shirt I ordered.  how am I going to fit their dentist appointment in between 2 meetings in the morning?  you can't be serious, you're going back to the hospital?  Nope.  None of that.  Same level of exhaustion, same faded yoga pants, same list of jobs to do but it's Friday night - they can all wait for tomorrow.  The calming scent of lavendar baby bubbles in my bathroom.  Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment