Friday, November 5, 2010

24 Weeks!!


Yesterday marked a very important stage of this pregnancy and I wanted to share – our baby is now viable! If our little girl were to arrive now she’d actually have a chance at surviving (with some major medical intervention). How miraculous is that?I had always kind of wondered how true that was, but we certainly experienced it first hand this year with the arrival of Chloe Rose (Jeff’s cousin, Jamie's, baby) weighing in just over 1lb. back in May. She is miraculously home now where she belongs.

I had an OB appointment yesterday to mark the 24th week (6th month) and got all good news. My blood pressure is lower at this stage than it was with Isaac, weight gain is on track, baby measures perfectly at 24 weeks. Fab. I have discovered though that even with the easy and fairly symptom free pregnancy I am experiencing this time, pregnancy just gets to a certain point where its uncomfortable. I'm getting tired. This is a different tired than the first couple of months when I found myself letting Isaac watch Nick Jr. with some fruit snacks in the evenings so I could close my eyes for a few minutes after work. Think tired feet and back. Sore-body tired that even lying around on the couch doesn't seem to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment